1. Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people and or objects.
2. People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
3. You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
4. Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
5. Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
6. Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
7. Prior to using any lift you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.
Know the Code....it is YOUR responsibility. This is a partial list. Be safety conscious.
Check out the below video from the Pacific Northwest Ski Areas Association (PNSAA) as it puts mountain safety in a unique perspective...especially for the youngsters as well as the young at heart!!
Please check out the KIDS ON LIFTS page for additional information and initiatives on chairlift safety for children and all lift riders. Lifts are made for getting you back to the top for another run down the slopes....so, have a seat, sit back, enjoy the ride~the view~and the convo with your fellow chair riders...NO Goofing & NO Horseplay!
Join Ski Bluewood in Raising Safety Awareness Among Our Guests by Learning and Following “Your Responsibility Code”Do you have a safety tip or suggestion you'd like to see here? Drop us an Email.